Back Again in Gorgeous Gilnahirk! ❤️
"You can take the boy out of Gilnahirk but you can't take Gilnahirk out of the boy" Being back home again reminded me of this saying, maybe you've heard this before? In my case it's Gilnahirk, a place I still love and feel at home. Here I grew up as a boy, as a teen and then a young adult making my way in the world and beginning my career in Architecture over 35 years ago. Well it was great to be back, this time to begin a new project by starting with a measured survey of a bungalow in gorgeous Gilnahirk. ❤️
Drawings have been lodged with the Planning Service through the Planning Portal and can be viewed online. A Building Control Application has also been lodged.
I was contacted and appointed to help Mrs. C only two weeks ago and already both applications have been lodged for approval, the builder is on site and starting the work.
How speedy is that? Quicker than lightning me! 🤩🍾
Looking forward to seeing my drawings turning into reality!
The alterations to this detached bungalow and my clients wish-list included.....
1. Full rewire (Relocating electrical cupboard and ensuring.
all recessed light fittings have fire collars)
2. New heating system, conversion from oil to gas.
4. New damp proof course.
5. Install dry lining / insulation to existing cavity walls.
6. New PVC guttering and fascia boards.
7. New paving to provide level threshold outside extension.
8. Re-render external walls.
9. Insulate floors and attic ceiling.
10. Remove existing fireplace and chimney breast.
11. Construct Extension as per Details.
12. Velux flat glass rooflight to flood accommodation with natural daylight.
13. Bathroom to become WC / Shower (wet room) with walk-in-shower.
Thanks for reading my blog! I would be delighted to help you improve your home, please feel free to contact me to discuss your project or simply for advice. Glenn 😊